1. Obtains patient histories
2. Performs physical assessments pertinent to patients’ chief complaint.
3. Evaluates assessment data and established diagnoses.
4. Prioritizes patient care situations, which require immediate and non-immediate actions and responds accordingly.
5. Orders and evaluates appropriate diagnostic studies.
6. Performs and monitors therapeutic procedures.
7. Assesses and/or manages follow-up plans.
8. Records and documents assessment data, interventions, results, and patient outcomes.
9. Educates patients and/or their families in order to promote wellness, prevent health problems, maintain current health and intervene in acute or chronic illness.
10. Documents discharge teaching and patient instructions for follow-up.
11. Facilitates and implements systems which promote and maintain effective communication and collaboration with inter/intra hospital physicians, nurses and other members of the health care team.
12. Maintains appropriate records and documentations of clinical and educational activities.
13. Collaborates with physicians in the development of clinical protocols/procedures for the delivery of in-patient care.
14. Demonstrates ability to work effectively with patients, families and with professional and supportive personnel who provide patient care.
15. Recognizes and uses appropriate channels to communicate stressful patient care/performance situations that arise with physicians, families and other staff members.
16. Collaborates with other medical staff to reach consensual agreement on staffing schedules.
C. RESEARCH/SCHOLARLY ACTIVITIES
17. Identifies the need for and participates in scholarly/research activities.
18. Acts as resource to department staff and implements educational programs, to improve clinical skills, enhance knowledge base and improve patient care.
19. Maintains and enhances a current level of knowledge relative to professional practice, as well as continuing education requirements necessary for licensure.
20. Accepts self-responsibility for advancing skills and continuing education by:
a. Setting realistic and measurable goals for individual developmental needs based on personal, peer and supervisory evaluations of strengths and learning needs.
b. Assessing own performance status in relation to this position description and progress toward achievement of professional goals on an annual basis.
c. Seeking learning experiences/responsibilities to strengthen areas requiring development and to advance knowledge about other current developments in nursing.
21. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
22. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
23. Required to attend job related, in-service, meetings, and training to maintain professional and technical knowledge.
24. Must adhere to tribal law and other applicable laws as well as tribal personnel policies and procedures.
25. May be required to satisfactorily complete an exam or other testing requirement(s) to determine skill proficiency.
26. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.