1. Must attend all training as required by the employer.
2. Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Hotel Department.
3. Must participate in employee random drug testing program.
4. Must dress professionally.
5. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
6. Review all special requests and pass on to front desk attendants, housekeeping, PBX and Bell/Valet Attendants.
7. Monitor and expedite the traffic flow in the lobby for efficiencies and guest satisfaction.
8. Respond to guest inquiries in an efficient, courteous and professional manner.
9. Interact and communicate with guests, peers, and other departments.
10. Adhere to the highest service standards to offer resort guests an optimum hospitality experience.
11. Make daily schedule adjustments as necessary.
12. Prioritize and perform administrative tasks as necessary to include the daily time and attendance edits and send them to payroll.
13. Ensure compliance with all internal controls, safety practices, procedures and regulations.
14. Evaluate and monitor on an on-going basis the performance of team members to ensure exceptional guest service is provided.
15. Maintain awareness of and effectively communicate to other staff facility promotions, events and programs.
16. Give the front office staff latitude and empowerment so they will be able to provide exceptional service.
17. When dealing with a guest complaint, demonstrate active listening skills and tact to prevent a more serious situation and maintain order even in a highly charged situation.
18. Create and complete daily reports from the hotel management system.
19. Assist in the on-going training and development of all front desk team members.
20. Have coaching and counseling sessions with team members and disciplinary actions taken toward a team member, you must involve the manager.
21. Attend pre-scheduled departmental meetings and provide discussion points.
22. Participate in other scheduled departmental meetings to share information.
23. Assist with the annual budget forecast for the hotel’s front office department.
24. Assume responsibility and perform duties of team members when there are staff shortages or to simply assist them.
25. Prioritize and perform administrative tasks as necessary to include the daily time and attendance edits and send them to payroll.
26. Conduct a daily room division meeting with other operating departments to share information with all front office staff.
27. Conduct performance evaluations for all team members semi-annually and annually.
28. Ensure compliance with all internal controls, safety practices, procedures and regulations.
29. Carry out all assignments received from the Director of Hospitality.
30. Meet with and report pertinent information to the Director of Hospitality daily.
31. Ensure proper uniform and grooming policies are followed for PBX, front desk, reservations and bell stand employees.
32. Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Hotel Department.
33. Must adhere to the Casino’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during employment.
34. Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, Gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Tribal Internal Controls, Departmental Procedures, memos or other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
35. The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities are NOT an all-inclusive list, but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based upon organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the department manager.