1. Assume the role of bench Technician.
a. Maintain an in-depth knowledge of equipment and methods by routinely performing procedures.
b. Operate and do maintenance of instrumentation and manual test methods.
c. Optimize workflow to minimize test result turnaround time and produce results in a timely manner. Maintain an environment that seeks continued improvement.
d. Resolve problems related to specimens and laboratory services. Utilize appropriate resources for problem resolution.
2. Provide clear and timely communications.
a. Provide timely, courteous, and informative communications to all Health Center departments.
b. Ensure proper critical value notification and result reporting.
c. Maintain confidentiality of patient information at all times.
3. Analyze human body fluids.
a. Perform phlebotomy.
b. Receive or obtain, properly identify, and solve problems related to specimens as they are processed.
c. Perform accurate analysis in a timely fashion with result data reported within laboratory’s defined criteria for quality.
4. Participate in educational and professional development.
a. Demonstrate a continued interest in self-improvement by attendance of programs related to lab medicine/management.
5. Maintain accurate and timely records.
a. Record proper documentation in all appropriate log books: QC, problem resolution, maintenance logs, and procedure logs as required.
b. Complete technical proficiency and competency periodically through State Lab proficiency program.
c. Prepare written reports of test results.
6. Promote and contribute to safety.
a. Responsible for personal safety as well as the safety of other individuals.
b. Knowledge of Health Center safety policies is maintained and demonstrated as needed.
7. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
8. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
9. Required to attend job related, in-service, meetings, and training to maintain professional and technical knowledge.
10. Must adhere to tribal law and other applicable laws as well as tribal personnel policies and procedures.
11. May be required to satisfactorily complete an exam or other testing requirement(s) to determine skill proficiency.
12. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.