1. Assumes the role of the medical director of the clinic.
2. The Physician will provide overall supervision of the medical providers.
3. Provides direct supervision to the laboratory manager, radiology department manager, and the nursing manager.
4. Provides direct patient medical care.
5. Prescribes appropriate medication.
6. Prescribes medically orientated treatment regimens.
7. Review patient charts to assure conformance with patient protocols.
8. Provides medical education and updating of staff.
9. Provides medical input into clinic policies, procedures, and protocols.
10. Provide input into medication and medical supplies.
11. Administers or prescribes treatment and drugs.
12. Advises patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
13. Serve as the provider champion for the implementation and maintenance of electronic health records.
14. Refers patients to medical specialist or other practitioner for specialized treatment.
15. Conducts physical examinations.
16. Acute and chronic disease management of patient population.
17. Medical advisor and support for the EMS program, Behavioral Health Program, Community Health, and Ella Besaw Center (CBRF’s).
18. Active member of in-house Quality Assurance Committee, Electronic Health Record Committee, Managed Care Committee, Director meetings, etc. as assigned.
19. Establish, review, and maintain medical standards with the aim of assuring the quality of medical care provided to clinic patients.
20. This shall include reviewing professional credentials and delineating the roles and responsibilities of the medical staff. These shall be reviewed every two years in conjunction with annual staff evaluation and annual clinic patients.
21. Assist with review of medical protocols.
22. Participate in a peer review system which includes:
A) Problem identification by monitoring discussions at provider meetings.
B) Patient care protocols reviews.
C) Quarterly medical charts audits-policy, goals, and implementation.
D) Continuing medical education (CME) policy and goals.
23. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
24. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
25. Required to attend job related, in-service, meetings, and training to maintain professional and technical knowledge.
26. May be required to satisfactorily complete an exam or other testing requirement(s) to determine skill proficiency.
27. Must adhere to tribal law and other applicable laws as well as tribal personnel policies and procedures.
28. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor